Larry B. Wallace, O.D., Ph.D.
Behavioral Optometrist - Neuro Optometrist - Low Vision Specialist
Photo-therapy Expert (Light Therapy)
322 North Aurora Street
Ithaca, New York 14850
Dr. Larry B. Wallace is a behavioral optometrist who has practiced for over 40 years in Ithaca, NY. He is the former President and current education director for the College of Syntonic Optometry, an organization dedicated to education and research in photo- therapy. He is former President of the International Light Association. He is a certified low vision, and Postural Rehabilitation specialist. He has invented and patented the first micro-current device to treat retinal disease.
Dr. Larry Wallace' s private practice in Ithaca, NY provides:
- Primary Eye Care
- Comprehensive Eye Examinations for All Ages, including Infants and Preschoolers
- Treatment of Eye Diseases and Co-Management of Surgery
- Vision Therapy with Eye Exercises for All Ages
- Treatment for Learning-related Vision Problems, including
Reading, and Eye Tracking Problems, etc.
- Treatment for Binocular Vision Conditions, such as
Amblyopia or Lazy Eye,
Convergence Insufficiency (near vision disorder),
Diplopia (double vision), Lack of Stereopsis (two-eyed depth perception), and
Strabismus (cross-eyed, wandering eye, eye turns, etc.)
- Neuro-Optometric Visual Rehabilitation for Patients with Special Needs, such as Developmental Delays or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), including Concussions, Autism, Stroke, Hemionopsia, Whiplash, Cerebral Palsy, MS, Parkinson‘s, etc.
- Dynamic integrative Vision Training with strong emphasis on alternating, reciprocal movement of all extremities. Hand-eye coordination reinforced by functional, dynamic single leg balance utilizing computer based vision training program. The Sanet Vision Integrator is used with variety of programs allowing for functional integration of many systems and senses affecting visual, auditory, balance, reading, memory processing.
- Treatment for Stress-related Visual Problems, including Blurred Vision, Visual Stress from Reading and Computers, Eye Strain Headaches, and/or Vision-induced Stomachaches or Motion Sickness
- Phototherapy/Light Visual Therapy: Extra-ocular muscle stimulation using penlights based on syntonic principles to promote functional and efficient eye movement for balance and postural rehabilitation.
- Low Vision Evaluation, Aids and Treatment Services
- Sports Vision Correction and/or Improvement
- Orthokeratology (Ortho-K) or Corneal Molding - The non-surgical alternative to Laser Vision Correction (LASIK) - Correct Your Daytime Eyesight While You Sleep.
There's more to healthy vision than 20/20 eyesight!
Learn more about symptoms
of visual problems which
school and sports success.
Dr. Larry Wallace, an expert eye doctor with over 40 years experience, provides specialty eye care, including photo-therapy, neurofeedback, vision training, vision therapy, visual rehabilitation and low vision care for patients of all ages in the Ithaca, NY area.
Member, Optometrists Network & Find an Eye Doctor. Publisher of What is Lazy Eye?, What is Vision Therapy?, and many other Eye Care and Visual Health Patient Education Web Sites.
Terms and Conditions of Use