Larry B. Wallace, O.D., Ph.D.|
Behavioral Optometrist - Neuro Optometrist - Low Vision Specialist
322 North Aurora Street
Ithaca, New York 14850
Larry B. Wallace O.D., President College of Syntonic
Optometry, immediate past President of The International Light Association, is a member of COVD, NORA, OEP, CSO, and the Academy of Preventive Medicine.
Dr. Wallace is the patent holder of the first microcurrent device to treat retinal disease. Dr. Wallace is the inventor of the Electrostim Device, a bioelectronic device for treating macular degeneration and other retinal diseases, which underwent field investigation throughout the United States. Dr Wallace's patent is now in use by Scyfix, a biomedical company, which is now completing FDA Trials for the treatment of retinal disease using microcurrent therapy.
Dr. Wallace organizes workshops, lectures around the world, and publishes articles on vision therapy, syntonics (colored light phototherapy), and preventive vision care.
Larry B. Wallace, O.D., Ph.D. - Optometrist
- B.A. Sociology, University of Pittsburgh, 1969
- O.D., New England College of Optometry, 1973
- Postgraduate work in children's vision and vision training through Optometric Extension Program
- Fellow, College of Syntonic Optometry
- Certified Low Vision Specialist, New York State
- Ph.D. in visual science and ocular phototherapy, May
2009, College of Syntonic Optometry
- Solo Practice, Ithaca, New York, 1977 to present
- Associateship with Raymond Gottlieb, O.D., Ph.D. in vision therapy practice,
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Group, San Francisco, California, 1974-75
- Public Health Clinic, Boston, Massachusetts, 1973-74
- Presenter at the ILA also in Heidelberg Germany 2008, and Kea Greece 2009
- Presenter at the Annual Conference of The International Light
Association in Brussels Belgium 2006,
Heidelberg Germany 2005, and
London England 2007 on Syntonic Photherapy and Visual Field
Keynote speaker at the 2003 COVD Conference at the Symposium for the
Use of Light and
Color in the Treatment of Learning Problems in
- Adjunct faculty teacher, vision therapy, Tompkins Cortland Community College
- Vision Consultant and vision therapist for Varsity Basketball Team, Cornell
University, Ithaca, New York
- Northeast Educational Director, Basic Course Instructor for the College of
also, National Convention Chairperson
- Continuing education lectures and seminars in Syntonics for New Jersey State and
Massachusetts OEP programs
- Optifair East 1982 lecturer on Syntonic Optometry and Sports Vision
- OEP spokesperson, Guest lecturer at Gesell Institute, New Haven, Connecticut
- Guest lecturer for senior classes, State University of New York Optometry School on
- More than 100 workshops given on vision therapy throughout Northeastern
- Numerous television, radio and news interviews on vision training and preventive
- Yearly presenter at Annual Conference of Light and Vision, 1978 to present
- Basic and advanced education in Syntonic Phototherapy
- National Eye Research Foundation Annual Conference, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998
- Neurooptometric Rehabilitation Association Annual Conference on Vision and
Head Trauma, 1998
- Fourth International Symposium of the International Association of Biologically
Closed Electric Circuits in Biomedicine in Bloomington, Minnesota, October 1998
on the bioelectromagnetic treatment of macular degeneration
- Annual Conference of International Society for Study of Subtle Energy and Energy
Medicine, Boulder, Colorado, 1997, on uses of color therapy.
- Basic courses on syntonic optometry for doctors in Sydney, Australia, 1994, 1998, 2002
Birmingham, England 2000.
- Presented a two day seminar for the Norwegian Light Association in
June 2006 on Color and
Microcurrent Therapy in Oslo, Norway
Keynote speaker at the 40th Annual Society of European
on Syntonic Theory and the Treatment of Learning Problems, in Mainz,
- Keynote speaker at the First International Conference on
Microcurrent Therapy, on Color and
Microcurrent Therapies, in Phoenix
Arizona, October, 2007
- Presenter at the Third International Conference on Microcurrent
Therapy and awarded the best case presentation
- Keynote speaker on Trauma and Visual Rehabilitation at the National
Behavioral Vision Conference in Morelia Mexico, October, 2008
- Vision and head trauma: associate consultant and therapist at Neurorehab
Association, Rochester New York and Mediplex Health Center, Cortland, New York.
- Inventor and researcher in the utilization of bioelectronic device for the treatment of
macular degeneration and retinal diseases.
- Consulted and designed with Advanced Medical Technologies Inc. a testing
protocol for my electronstim device to treat macular degeneration and retinal
disease. This protocol was approved by the Quantum IRB of Springfield, Missouri in
May 1994 and has been used throughout the USA by
doctors and participating doctors in field testing this treatment.
- Researched extensively the literature of bioelectromagnetic therapy and its
applications in medicine.
- Research on the use of kinetic field testing and frequency doubling technology for
the diagnosis and treatment of visually related learning problems and visual
rehabilitation of closed head injury.
- "Microcurrent and Color Therapy for Ocular Conditions" , Journal of
Optomeric Phototherapy, February, 2008
- " Blue Light and the Eye" , Journal of Optometric Phototherapy, March 2009
- " The Theory and Practice of Syntonic Phototherapy: A Review ",
Optometry & Vision Development, College of Optometrists in Vision
Development, Vol 40, Number 2, 2009
- "Heart Rate Variability and Syntonics" Journal of Optometric Phototherapy, 2003
- "Syntonics and the Treatment of Learning Problems" Journal of
Optometric Phototherapy, 2004
- " Syntonics and Orhtokeratology , Journal of Optometric Phototherapy, 2005
- "Syntonics and the Treatment of Acquired Brain Injuries" chosen for
the Best Articles of the past 10
years, a special edition Journal of
Optometric Phototherapy, December 2006.
- "Color Fields In Syntonics", Journal of Optometric Phototherapy, College of Syntonic
Optometry, March 2002.
- "Syntonic Phototherapy", Caducews, Warwichshire England, Issue 52,
- "Syntonics and Strabismus Therapy for Pediatric Patient", Related Topics in
Behavioral Aspects of Vision Care, Optometric Extension Program, Vol. 42,
number 2, 2001.
- "Syntonics Optometric Color Therapy for The Treatment of Acquired Brain Injury",
Journal of Optmetric Photo Therapy, College Syntonic Optometry, April 2001.
- "Syntonic Phototherapy", Journal of Behavioral Optometry, Optometric Extension
Program, Vol. 12/2001/ Number 2
- "Light Therapy", Clinicians Complete Reference to Complementary and Alternative
Medicine, Editor, Donald Novey, MD. Mosby, 2000.
- Editor, Journal of Optometric Phototherapy, March 1998, December 1998.
- "The Treatment of Macular Degeneration and Other Retinal Diseases Using
Bioelectromagnetic Therapy", Journal of Optometric Phototherapy, March 1997.
- "Rehabilitative and Neuro-Optometry", Your Health, International Academy of
Nutrition and Preventive Medicine, August 1995.
- "Syntonics as Therapy for Head Trauma", Journal of Optometric Phototherapy,
- "Vision and Sports Activity", Ithaca Journal, November 1990.
- "Seasonal Affective Disorder", The Journal of the College of Syntonic Optometry,
- "Contact Lens Care", Vital Signs, February 1988.
- "Critical Flicker Fusion in Visual Fields", The Journal of the College of Syntonic
- "The Winner's Circle", Series, OEP, 1984.
- "Eye Care Program", computer program created for the Apple computers, 1983.
- "New Models in Vision", Artzone, 1983.
- "Light Therapy", Artzone, 1981.
- "Vision Training", Well Being, 1979.
- "The Pediatric Clinic", New England College of Optometry, April 1973.
- "Ocular Pathology and Syntonic Treatment", Blue Book, College of
- "Syntonic Syndromes", Blue Book, College of Syntonic Optometry.
The following were published by the Journal of Optometric Phototherapy :
"Bio-typing and Morphological Analysis in Syntonic Prescriptions", March 2010
"Syntonic Phototherapy" September 2011
"Low Level Light Therapy to Treat Ocular Pathology " , April 2012
"The Polyvagal Theory and Syntonic Phototherapy" April 2014"
"The Autonomic Nervous System, the Pupils, and Color Receptivity" , April 2015
Under organizations add: Dr Wallace is the former President of the College of Syntonic Optometry from 1996 t0 2012
- Elected immediate past President of The International Light Association 2009-2011
- Recipient of the Award for the Advancement of Neuroscience in Vision,
The Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitaion Association, San Antonio Texas,
- Founding Member of the International Light Association, Antwerp Belgium, October 2004,
currently serving as Vice President 2006 to 2008.
- Optometric Extension Program; American Optometric Association; College of
Syntonic Optometry; Academy of Corrective Optometry; Academy of Preventive
Medicine; President, Tompkins County Association for Retarded Children; New
York State Learning Disabilities; Local Mental Health Board Member; County
Health Planning Council; Council for Children's Health; Service Clubs;
Early Intervention Program for Multiply Handicapped Children;
Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association; College of Optometrists in
Vision Development; National Eye Research Foundation; International Society
for Study of Subtle Energy and Energy Medicine.
- Recipient of the H. Riley Spitler Award for leadership and innovation in the Art and
Science of Optometric Phototherapy, May 1, 1999.
- Vice President and Director for the College of Syntonic Optometry, 1989 to 1995.
President and Director of Education, 1996 to present.
There's more to healthy vision than 20/20 eyesight!
Learn more about symptoms
of visual problems which
school and sports success.
Member, Optometrists Network & Find an Eye Doctor. Publisher of What is Lazy Eye?, What is Vision Therapy?, and many other Eye Care and Visual Health Patient Education Web Sites.
Terms and Conditions of Use